As the New Year approaches, I am ready and excited to welcome 2013 with open arms. It is going to be fun and exciting and I know a lot of things are going to change. I have created a list of ten things I want to see happen in 2013:
Become a Yogi
- I have always been an anxious person. Whenever I do, do yoga I feel a blissful calm take over my mind and every muscle in my body. My goal in 2013 is to do yoga everyday. My friend, Maddie Sears, is teaching yoga to HIV/AID patients in India, follow her blog here. She is such an inspiration to me and I hope I find peace like she has.
Take a design class and learn simple coding
- I love drawing fun designs and coming up with ideas. Tangerine Tote is the perfect place to display my thoughts and ideas. I want to push it further and be educated in simple design format and be able to put it to life by doing simple coding (HTML, CSS).
Sew my own dress
- I would love the chance to design and sew my own dress. I have asked my mother for her old sewing machine and I plan to spend several weekends with my grandmother learning how to sew. I recently watched Lifetime’s non-fictional movie, Coco Chanel. Now, I am not saying I am going to be the next Coco Chanel by any means, but she pushed the limits, created beautiful designs and was so daring in everything she did: dating men, fashion and traditional values. If I could meet anyone in history, it would be her. The reason why I use Chanel as an example, because she created things that woman wanted to wear. I would love to wear one of my designs and feel confident in it. This is daring and it’s going to be a challenge.
Run a half marathon
- I have never truly loved running, but I crave that high feeling right after a long run. Running is another stress release for me. I would love to challenge myself in the new year and run a half marathon. I also think it is important to have a running partner that pushes one another to run harder and longer (and to also get your butt out of bed when it’s pouring rain outside..).
Work on my Dream (… ‘surprise’…?)
- Before I started this lifestyle blog, I had this idea to create a site that’s different but not totally off tangent to my personal blog. I still want to do it and I hope to incorporate it into Tangerine Tote. Just wait and see…!
Make a cocktail recipe collection to display my favorite drinks
- My love for making things and entertaining really meet in the middle when I am able to concoct cocktails for a party. I would love to make a photo diary of my favorite cocktails as well as pair it with its recipe. I also think it is important to serve the right cocktail for the correct entertainment event. I wouldn’t serve a cosmopolitan on game night or Jack&Coke when my girl friends come over for book club.
Design my own jewelry
- Bracelets, necklaces, earrings and rings. Trendy, fun and something totally me.
Move into my own space and make it my own
- I have mentioned that I have moved about half a dozen times in the past year. This year I am ready to settle in a more permanent place and make it my own.
Travel to three new countries in the new year
- I love to travel. I get antsy when I stay in one place too long. I have had the privilege to live and travel to different countries. I would love to design a map to showcase where I have been and things to do to share with my audiences (design and coding).
Continue to read and write everyday
- I learn so much when I read a book. Whether it is a certain sentence structure, interesting facts or figuring out the author’s point of view. Reading helps my speech, helps my writing and be it helps me be competent in interviews and conversations.
Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. -Oprah Winfrey